Erasmus Latin Workshop
A flipped lesson: Latin for beginners. Nominative, Ablative, Latin Gender.
Prof. Salvatore Menza
20th April 2016
- (3 min.) The Flipped Classroom. A brief video introduction
- (12 min.) Pretend you are at home: watch the video lesson.
- (30 min.) In the classroom (work group): create latin sentences with a Syntapuzzle set (a Montessori inspired hands-on learning material for syntax analysis and sentence production). (Read only virtual online example (no login needed); Editable Virtual online version (account needed).
- (25 min.) Join in the Quizlet “Boggiolera+” virtual classroom. Once logged in, open the “Oerberg cap. I, 1-37” set and study until you master it (“Cards” is the best way to learn effectively: star the cards you can’t answer and then review them at the end). Learn, Match, Scatter and Space game are useful too! Have fun and learn!
- (15) Play the two Cram games: Jewels of Wisdom and Stellar Speller
- (5 min.) Now you are ready to take the final (funny) test. a. Open http://join.quizizz.com in your browser
b. Enter the 5-digit game code 680109, and click “Proceed”
c. Now enter your name and click “Join Game!”
d. You will get an avatar, and then see a “Start Game” button. Click it to begin!